Invisalign® (Clear) Braces
Invisalign and Braces
If you’re living with a crooked smile, the first option that naturally comes to mind is metal braces. Though they’re a tried and true method for straightening teeth, braces can be a hassle. They prevent you from eating certain foods, they’re difficult to clean, and the metal wires can make you feel self-conscious about your smile.
Dr. Kim offers Invisalign, a convenient, more comfortable alternative to metal braces. This innovative treatment will fix your smile using clear aligners that are nearly invisible to the people around you. The aligners are completely removable, so you can enjoy all your favorite foods without setting back your treatment.
If you want an orthodontic treatment that allows you to live freely and smile with confidence, Invisalign could be right for you. Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign delivers the results you desire without disrupting your lifestyle.
Are You a Candidate for Invisalign?
Invisalign can be used to treat all of these common orthodontic issues:
- Open bite
- Gaps between teeth
- Crowded teeth
The Invisalign Advantage
Invisalign offers several unique benefits that traditional braces and other aligner options can’t match, such as:
- Discreet — Our clear aligners are practically invisible when you smile.
- Removable — By removing your aligners before meals, you can eat and drink without restrictions. This also makes them easier to clean.
- Fast — Invisalign straightens your teeth up to two times faster than metal braces.
- Comfortable — Each of our aligners is customized to fit your teeth perfectly. You also won’t have to worry about broken wires or painful bracket adjustments.
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign works by placing gentle pressure on your teeth to gradually shift them into alignment. You’ll come in every two weeks to replace your aligners with a new set throughout your treatment.
After about 12 to 18 months, you’ll be free of aligners and ready to enjoy your new, captivating smile.
The Process of Invisalign
During your initial consultation with Dr. Kim, he’ll evaluate your smile and discuss your customized treatment plan with step-by-step information.
Once you approve of your customized plan, we’ll take X-rays, photographs, and an impression of your teeth. The Invisalign system will show you what your aligned smile will look like, so you’ll know what to expect before starting treatment.
For effective results, you’ll want to wear your aligners for 22 to 24 hours each day with the exception of meals and brushing. It’s important to come in for an appointment every six weeks so Dr. Kim can ensure your smile is on track.
Most patients wear Invisalign aligners for about 12 to 18 months, depending on your individual case.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Invisalign cost?
The average cost of Invisalign is between $3,000 to $7,000, however, insurance may cover a portion of the treatment. During your initial consultation with Dr. Kim, he’ll evaluate your oral health, examine your mouth, and determine a more accurate estimate of your personalized treatment.
How long does it take to straighten your teeth with Invisalign?
The average time is about 12 months. You may require more or less time depending on your individual case. You can expect to see changes in the first two to three months.
Is Invisalign painful?
Is Invisalign better than braces?
Who are the best candidates for Invisalign?
- Older teenagers and adults are the best candidates for Invisalign. Children and young teenagers are less likely to wear the aligners for the recommended 22 hours per day and therefore are not the best candidates.
- If you have mild to moderate misalignment or crowding, Invisalign may be a great choice for you. More severe cases may involve different treatment options. It’s best to sit down and talk with Dr. Kim so you both can decide what’s best for you.
- Unlike braces, you can remove your aligners. Staying committed to wearing the aligners for at least 22 hours each day will help ensure that you get the smile you’ve always wanted.